Chimney Hill Farm trainer Sharon Brandes Myers offers an Individualized training program that is customized to suit both the horse and riders' needs in order to create a harmonious and successful partnership. Suitability of horse and rider to one another is a prime concern to maximize each riders' achievements and enjoyment. While many of her students ride warmbloods, Sharon has had many years working with non-traditional dressage breeds as well.
Select long-term spaces are available for the training of dressage horses and dedicated students, or for owners wishing to have Sharon train and show their horse.
Chimney Hill farm offers boarding opportunities to motivated, enthusiastic riders. We offer full board only. Please refer to the facilities page for detailed info and photos of the facilities.
Full service board includes the following:
- Two private lessons per month
- Spacious 12' X 12' stalls with large windows and excellent ventilation
- Horses are fed Pennfield feeds and top quality hay.
- Daily turnout is either single or in a pair.
- Mineral blocks provided in turnout
- Use of lighted indoor dressage arena with mirrors and excellent footing
- Use of our full size lighted outdoor dressage arena and large, fenced grass arena
- Use of boarder tack room with built-in tack trunks, saddle racks, bridle racks, refrigerator, hot water, microwave
- Other care and maintenance can be arranged at predetermined costs
Sharon uses a solid German background focusing on the training scale: rhythm, relaxion/suppleness, contact, impulsion, straightness and collection. She focuses on patience towards a solid building of the basics.
- Lessons are private and are 45 minutes
- All levels/breeds of horse/ rider are welcome as are trailer-in lessons!
Lessons begin at the appointed lesson time. Please be on time and ready to work so that you get the most out of your time.